Presence detector / PIR light switch - PDS
Easy to install, easy to use - this light level sensor does not need a neutral wire, so it can be installed in minutes in place of any existing light switch, bringing the benefits of energy and money saving by stopping unnecessary use of lighting.
Not suitable for use with LED loads.
- This unit is ideal for fitting into areas where lights are left on, such as hallways, toilets/cloakrooms and stairs/landings
- No neutral wire required (2 wire system)
- Built in light sensor ensures lighting load will not be turned on if ambient light is bright enough
- Adjustable timing - up to 1 hour
- Capable of switching up to 6A fluorescent load
- Shallow design that will fit in low profile BS switch boxes
- Can be installed as 1 way, 2 way or intermediate switching
|Load Rating at 230VAC||
10 Amp incandescent lighting
Fluorescent and compact fluorescent fittings with “switch start” ballasts - 6 ballasts maximum. Power factor correction capacitors must be fitted. Most fluorescent fittings have power factor correction capacitors fitted. If they are not present the unit may fail the installation procedure, in which case fit one capacitor per circuit with a minimum value of 1μF for every PDS or PDS-OV installed.
Note that it is not necessary to fit a capacitor on every fitting. For fluorescent lighting total power factor correction capacitance must not exceed 40μF.
Not suitable for switching contactors
220-240 Volts AC 50 Hz
|Time Out Period||
Adjustable 5 minutes to 60 minutes by DIP switch
Adjustable by thumbwheel light to dark
Surface fixing - 25mm deep plastic surface mount moulded box. Flush fixing - 15mm steel wall box or 32mm deep cavity wall box.
Flame retardant ABS TYPE Class 2
-10°C to 35°C
Click here to view the product manual online - PDF (Opens in new window)