OPUS breaks new ground in the multi-room entertainment market, with the revolutionary AMR650 A-BUS Active Speaker System. Consisting of a matched pair of high-quality ceiling speakers which are optimised for custom installation and in-ceiling applications, the AMR650 features a wide-angle infra red eye mounted on the 'active' speaker which has all the amplifier electronics actually mounted on its back. This allows full access to volume, tone settings, and source selection controls by using the system or learning remote control. This eliminates the need for a wall control keypad and therefore makes an Opus 300 Multi-Room Entertainment System even easier to install, particularly in a 'retro-fit' situation.
When settings are being adjusted, small confirmation beeps are issued so the user knows that adjustments are being made. The active speaker contains a built-in stereo power amplifier which drives both itself and its passive twin. A pre-amp output is even included for connection to an active sub-woofer or separately powered pair of speakers if desired.
The AMR650 A-BUS® active speaker is connected to the Opus 300 Master Control Unit using Cat5e UTP or CAT6 cable, providing source signals, IR pass-through, switching commands and power for the amplifier. The passive speaker is connected to its active twin via either loudspeaker cable or another Cat5e UTP or CAT6.
- Eliminates need for built-in wall keypad
- Features wide-angle IR-eye for remote control operation of system
- Optimised audio-quality for in-ceiling applications
- Compatible with Opus 300 MCU300 hubs or A-BUS® ready equipment
- Optimised drive units for ceiling-mounted applications
- In-built stereo power amplifier
- Simple connection with just one run of cat5e cable to the MCU
- Telltale beeps and blinking red LED when control input is applied
- Only 80mm ceiling depth required
- 2 way design, 165mm diameter driver unit with 13mm coaxial tweeter.
- Supplied with cutting template
- Paintable front for optimal décor matching
- One active, one passive speaker per pair
Frequency response: 60Hz - 20kHz +/- 2dB
Enclosure type: In-ceiling infinite baffle, Flush mounted to ceiling
Drive Components: Two-Way System, One 13mm tweeter, One 142mm woofer
Overall front panel diameter: 238mm diameter, 10mm deep
Mounting Depth Required (Min): 80mm
Cutout Diameter: 207mm
Recommended back air volume: 22 litres
Carton Volume: 0.019m3
Volume range: 0 to -78 dB in 31 steps
Bass range: +/- 14 dB @ 100Hz
Treble range: +/- 14 dB @ 10kHz
Balance: +0/-17.5 dB in seven 2.5 dB steps (L and R)
IR pass through frequencies: 34-40kHz and 54-58kHz
Connection to hub: Cat5e or CAT6
Connection between speakers: Cat5e/6 or two core speaker wire
More Information / Manuals
A user guide that gives a brief overview of the Opus 300 system and an installation guide that gives full wiring details and project planning considerations are available to download.
Click here for the User Guide - 225Kb
Click here for the Installation Guide - 444Kb