The RFXCOM USB RFXtrx433E is the hardware extended version of the popular RFXCOM USB RFXtrx433 and with special software now supports the largest number of 433.92MHz RF Home Automation sensors and devices available on the market, including Somfy RTS motors The RFXtrx433E is already supported by many popular Home Automation applications and the list is growing rapidly. For application builders there is a free Software Development Kit and end-users benefit from flashable product enhancements.
Support for Somfy RTS in the Homeseer3 RFXCOM plug-in is already available and has also been added to Domoticz and DomotiGa. It is expected that the VERA RFXtrx plug-in will also be extended with Somfy RTS support in the near future.
· Low priced
· Receive + transmit function,
· Standard USB interface (works on Linux, Mac OS, Windows)
· CE certified and RoHS
· Supports the largest range of sensors and devices possible (see the list below)
· Supported by a large number of Home Automation software products (see the list below)
· Does not rely on remote Internet servers holding private secure data
· Free Software Development Kit with VB.NET example available on request
· Easy integration in any application due to a simple protocol
· Firmware updates in flash memory
• Homeseer HS2 and HS3
• Open Source Automation
• Beyond Measure
• Digital Home Server
• Alecto SA30, WS1200
• ATI Remote Wonder
• ATI Remote Wonder II
• A-OK, Ematronic blind motor
• BOFU blind motor
• Chacon (including EMW200)
• Clas Ohlson weather sensors
• Conrad RSL2
• dx.com RGB LED controllers
• ELRO AB400, AB600
• Harrison curtain
• Hasta blind motor
• HomeEasy HE105
• HomeEasy EU
• Ikea Koppla
• KD101 - Chacon, NEXA, Flamingo smoke detector
• La Crosse weather sensors
• LightwaveRF, Siemens
• Livolo touch modules
• Maverick ET732
• MDremote LED dimmer
• MediaMount projector screen
• Mertik Maxitrol
• Oregon weather sensors
• THR128,THC138, THR138,THGN122N, THGR122NX, THGN123N, RGR126, UVN128, UVR128, THGN132N, THGN132ES, UV138, THGR228N, THGRN228NX, THGR238, THGR268, RTGN318, RTHN318, RTGR328N, THGR328N, RTGR368N, THGN500, RGR682, THGR918, BTHR918, BTHR918N, RGR918, STR918, WGR918, RGR928, STR928, THGR928, WGR928, BTHR968,EW109, PCR800, UVN800, WGR800, WTGR800, TGHN800, TGHN801, THGR810
• Oregon Body weight scale BWR101/BWR102/GR101
• OWL CM113, cent-a-meter, Electrisave
• OWL CM119 / CM160 / CM180 / CM180i
• PC Remote
• RAEX blind motor
• Rollertrol blind motor
• RTS10 / RFS10 / TLX1206
• Rubicson stektermometer
• TFA weather sensors
• Viking weather sensors
• Visonic PowerCode
• X10 lighting, X10 security
• X10 Ninja/Robocam
For the RFXCOM RFXtrx433 user guide Click here
Open source home automation software for the RFXCOM RFXtrx433 can be found here
Posted by Unknown on 11th Feb 2015
I have a 3 bed 1920's house and an outbuilding. I wanted to control lighting by switch / House Alarm / PIR / time / daylight etc. as well as monitor mains consumption, switch off power to always on devices, monitor temperature and control heating in both buildings and outside cheaply and simply.
I placed a Raspberry Pi running Domoticz and an RFXtrx as Master in the house and another RPi/Domoticz/RFXtrx as slave in the outbuilding.
I now have a simple wireless system covering both buildings which will (importantly) monitor and control different manufacturers / devices through the RFXtrx. NB I am not tied to one manufacturer!
The RFXtrx is not cheap, but you can save money not being tied to a single manufacturer - just check compatibility first!
Posted by Rob on 23rd Jun 2014
Plugged the RFXtrx433E into a Raspberry Pi, installed the RFXCMD code ( http://code.google.com/p/rfxcmd/ ) and was soon grabbing the wireless traffic from a Home Easy PIR and magnetic door sensor and relaying commands on to a Home Easy light switch. A bit of extra python scripting had alerts forwarding to my email account with attached webcam images.
Very useful, flexible device.
Posted by Colin on 20th Jun 2014
Fantastic item, now extended to work with my Somfy blinds, works great with Indigo Domotics software and the RFX plugin
Our product discussion box is a great way for you to view other peoples' feedback about products on UK Automation, and add your own.
We hold a large stock of items in our UK warehouse, so no waiting extra time for deliveries from outside the UK
Direct telephone support (no call centres, speak directly to us) during office hours, and email support quite often out of hours too!
All products are covered by our 30 day money back guarantee. If you're not happy, return the goods to us in the condition you received them for a full refund.
Not in a hurry? Our super saver delivery option gives you free delivery within 5 - 7 days (although many customers receive their items much quicker!)