Z Wave Shock and Vibration Sensor
The Z-Wave Shock and Vibration Sensor adds another dimension to your Z-wave security system. By monitoring for shock or vibration you can tell if an item is moved or a window broken, ideal where vandalism is suspected.
- Manual calibration of sensitivity to allow for the situation
- Mounting with screws or double sided tape
- Battery operated
- Built in battery saving with low battery LED and Z-wave signal warning
- Tamper switch
- Two terminals allow connection of an external dry contact in parallel to the vibration sensor
- Lithium battery gives 3 to 5 years life under normal operation <;i>Requires a Z-wave controller to operate
Vibration/shock functionality is great, external contact limited
Posted by Alberto Ricci on 11th Jul 2016
The sensor itself works great. There is support for triggering a tamper alarm when a NC contact is opened, but it simply reports an alarm every 10 seconds while the condition persists, without reporting anything when the NC contact is closed again - so depending on your use of that external contact, it may be ok or not.