PowerTxt Duo is a neat dual power controller which is switched via SMS messages. Using IEC C14 connections (commonly found on IT equipment) for the connected devices means this unit is very compact, and can be easily located on a shelf, in a server rack or on top of a server or PC.
Of course, it's not just useful for IT users - anyone who needs remote control of 2 independent devices without relying on Wi-Fi or other connectivity can benefit from the PowerTxt Duo. If you only have one device to switch, the standard PowerTxt may be more appropriate.
- Remotely control power to two devices independently
- Instant SMS alert (text message) when mains power is lost/restored (or email alert through EstateView)
- Turn power on/off as required remotely by SMS
- Reboot one or both devices remotely with one SMS
- Control via mobile phone with simple SMS commands or control an unlimited number of Powertxt Duo’s through our online management portal
- Easy quick set up by SMS (<5 min)
- True out of band (No IP Address/Data/Access to Network required)
- Security – Password protected // Only responds to authorised users // ONLY has access to mains power not your connected equipment
- One main user and up to 4 additional users
- 100% Mobile Network (2G - GSM)
- Worldwide Use (900/1800MHz or 850/1900Mhz)
- Designed & manufactured in the UK
ROI – “It is estimated that over 70% of all downtime events can be solved with a hard power reboot”
Powertxt Duo only needs a SIM card to operate so running costs are usually less than £15 per year (for an M2M SIM).
Real Time Power Loss Alerts
Powertxt Duo sends a real time SMS alert when mains power is lost and restored (e.g. a power cut/power outage). Example, if Powertxt Duo is connected to the same power supply as your servers or UPS (uninterruptable power supply) it will alert you immediately if mains power is lost so you know exactly when the UPS started and how much time you have left to resolve the issue before the battery backup runs out. When equipment hangs it can often be up to an hour before it is known internally if it’s a power or comms issue, with the instant power loss SMS alert from Powertxt Duo you know straight away of a site issue which reduces engineering costs by saving unnecessary site visits.
Powertxt Duo is a plug and play solution that gives you instant remote power control of any equipment. Simply insert a SIM card into Powertxt Duo, plug into a mains power outlet and then plug in either one or the two devices you want to control. Send a couple of SMS’s (text messages) from your mobile phone to Powertxt Duo and you are then in control of your connected equipment in less than 3 minutes.
Powertxt Duo VS IP Remote Power Control
With cyber hacks happening almost daily extra precautions have to be taken to ensure your equipment is safe, more and more customers are refusing to add any additional IP equipment to their networks due to the high risks. This then limits their remote power control options as the majority of remote power control devices are IP based. Almost all remote power control devices on the market today are controlled via IP (accessed over a network) however they have significant draw backs versus Powertxt Duo. Firstly, IP power devices require technically qualified staff to set up, install & maintain (firewalls etc), most IP devices have multiple outlets which make them very expensive for single devices in multiple locations, higher yearly running costs and most importantly they have considerably higher security risks by controlling power over a network.
Poor or Low Signal? No Problem! Powertxt Duo works anywhere you can send a text message .. from hospital basements to double skinned metal lockers!
Powertxt Duo gives you the ability to ‘power cycle/reboot’ your business critical hardware from anywhere at any time 24/7/365.
- 2 x IEC13/14 & 1 x UK/EU/AUS/US Power Cable inc
- LED display // Password protected // 1 Master User and up to 4 additional users
- Input Voltage: 100V – 230V AC 50/60Hz
- Maximum Input Current: 10A // Maximum Total Current Draw: 10A (5A Max per device)
- Nominal Output Voltage: 120V – 230V AC
- Worldwide Use (900/1800MHz)
- Input Connection: C14 / Output Connection: 2 x C13
- CE / FCC / RoHS Compliant
- Automatic time and date synchronisation
- Operating Temp: 00C to +400C // Operating
- Humidity: 0-80%
- Approx Dimensions: 26cm x 13.5cm x 4.1cm (Rackmount: 1U)
- 2G cellular support for wide compatibility with European mobile networks
- Designed & Manufactured in the UK