Powertxt - GSM power control and monitoring
Free shipping in mainland UK.
The Powertxt is a fantastic multi-function socket, which does not require Wi-Fi/internet to be able to monitor and control the attached devices. Instead, the Powertxt uses SMS messaging to control the attached device.
Powertxt can switch loads of up to 3KW (13A).
It has a few other tricks up it's sleeve. Firstly, the Powertxt will send an SMS message if the power fails. It's built in capacitor provides enough power for the device to be able to successfully communicate a power outage to your chosen mobile number(s). Secondly, the Powertxt has a temperature module (included) which will measure the ambient temperature of the room in which the device is operating. You can set the Powertxt up to send you alerts if the temperature rises or falls below defined set-points. You can also set the module to switch the power on/off to to your attached device when the temperature changes.
- Instant power outage alert / power restore alert
- Control power remotely from anywhere in the world (various options including; when required, via time/date, via temperature, etc)
- Reboot a device in seconds
- Simple control commands
- No installation required, so it can be used in new installations and with any existing devices
- It doesn’t have a complicated or lengthy set up process (set up can be done on site or remotely)
- It can be used almost anywhere (it is used in double skinned metal lockers and communication is no problem)
- It does not need any access to your network or any 3G/WiFi connections (No IP address required)
- Safe and secure, Powertxt has no network capabilities and can ONLY control power so there are no data protection or security concerns
We all know how annoying it is to have to visit site to reboot a hung device such as a router or a server. With Powertxt, you can text the unit and reboot the attached device in seconds. You can also use the power outage texts to know if/when your site has an issue, and the temperature monitor to get early warning of heat issues in a server room.
Many clients say that the device pays for itself the first time it saves a site visit.
Horticulture / Environmental
Use the Powertxt to switch on/off greenhouse heaters or irrigation equipment, plus be alerted to power issues which may cause problems with automated horticulture equipment.
Holiday homes / overseas properties
Switch on/off the pool heating/hot tub via a simple text message. No need to have a full internet connected smart home system, so you save on broadband costs.
Elderly relatives / vulnerable people
Use the Powertxt to know when your relative has a power-cut, but also use the environmental monitoring to check that they aren't letting their house get too cold or too hot. It's unintrusive nature means you can place it out of the way, and your relatives won't feel intruded upon.
Each unit requires a SIM of its own, which could be PAYG, contract or M2M SIM.
Powertxt is not compatible with SIMs from the 3 Mobile network.
Commands are sent to the unit by SMS for particular actions or configuration.
All requested actions are confirmed by the unit with a reply message. If any alerts are triggered the Master user number will be notified by the Powertxt. Up to 4 additional mobile numbers can be added to the unit.
This device is available with a UK plug type, and also EU (France) Type E and EU (Schuko) Type F plugs.
Please select your required plug type when adding to your cart.
- Input 100v-250v / 50Hz
- Output Maximum 13A
- Automatic time and date synchronisation
- Operating temperature -10C to +50C
- Relative Humidity 10-90%, without condensation
- Dual Band
- CE2200 Certification, RoHS Compliant, manufactured to BSS733
- Weight 500g boxed
- Box Size L: 205mm D: 120mm H: 75mm
Does exactly what is says on the box
Posted by JG on 22nd Oct 2018
Monitors my boat in France using a £5.00 per month Giff Gaff SIM. Awesome product and in fact I got an alert today that the power had gone off and it seems someone unplugged it ;). Great product.
Nice Product. Poor support
Posted by Unknown on 22nd Feb 2017
I purchased this item to allow me to remotely witch on and off a Router on a farm. Works very well. However should you have a technical query and raise a support question/request. I got nothing back from UK Automation. So if you want post sales support forget it