Z Wave Flood Sensor by Fibaro - Gen 5
Description of the Z-wave Flood Sensor by Fibaro
The title, Z-Wave Flood Sensor by Fibaro, doesn't describe fully the multiple functionality of this versatile sensor. It can monitor the following parameters:
- The presence of water i.e. flooding
- Detects tilt and movement over 15 degrees.
- It will also alert you of any attempt to move or tamper with the device.
- Built in temperature sensor which may be used to manage a floor heating system.
- It can serve as a fire alarm sensor, by detecting rapid temperature rise.
- Built in alarm siren which will help you react quickly in case of a flood, rapid temperature change, or attempt to tamper with it
- Aside from the alarm siren, the device can alert you of a threat using colour displays from the built in RGB diode.
All this is achieved using battery power which when set on default settings will give a battery life of 2.5 years or it can be power with a suitable 12V or 24V DC power supply (not supplied).
Please note: this sensor is designed to work in a Z-Wave network, with a controller such as the Fibaro Home Center 2. It is not a standalone flood alert system, and requires a Z-Wave gateway to provide remote monitoring/alerting.
How the Z-Wave Flood Sensor by Fibaro works
Samsung SmartThings Compatible
This item is on the SmartThings compatibility list: https://www.smartthings.com/uk/compatible-products