Z Wave Home Center Lite by Fibaro
What can the Home Center Lite by Fibaro do?
The Home Center Lite by Fibaro is a compact controller with the powerful features of the Fibaro Z-wave software. Capable of handling up to 230 Z-wave devices, more than enough for the average home enviroment
Benefit from the easy to use and setup Fibaro software, making it a straight forward task that allows you to realise the full potential of your home automation system.
- Compact design (90 x 90 x 33mm) but with powerful advanced technology
- Powerful and fully configurable Fibaro App to give you full control over your home, either on site or when your away
- Can control up to 230 Z-Wave devices using the energy efficient Cortex A8 processor
- Can control compatible multimedia products such as TV, Home cinema, Hifi etc., using TCP stream
- Built in power management facility enabling you to monitor current and historical energy consumption
- Monitor your home for various threats such as fire, flood, gas and burglary. Get notified when one of these events occurs
- Control the climate of your home by switching on heating or air-conditioning depending on the weather
- Other features include remote access control of your home to check what's happening. Geo localisation which can allow you to switch say your heating on when the system detects you are on your way home. Similarly devices can be switched off or heating adjusted when the system detects you have left home to go out. Create schedules to control when devices are available in your home, like restricting the kids use of TVs, game consoles etc.
Amazon Alexa / Echo Support
Fibaro Home Center Lite has it's own Alexa skill, meaning you can use your Amazon Echo / Dot devices to control your home with your voice. To access the skill, please click the link below:
FIBARO voice control by Alexa will help you to control lights, blinds/shutters, cameras, sensors, scenes and even more without even lifting a finger. You won’t need to find your phone, go to wall switches or even use remote controls - just ask Alexa.
"Alexa, turn on Movie Night."
"Alexa, set Kitchen Lights to 50 percent."
To control the FIBARO System with Alexa you need:
• FIBARO Home Center 2 or Home Center Lite with firmware version 4.112 or newer,
• FIBARO ID account with Home Center added (FIBARO ID is an account that allows you to use all the FIBARO services with one profile),
• Amazon Alexa device.
To learn how to get started or in case you still have some questions visit website: manuals.fibaro.com/alexa
Do I need a Home Center 2?
The Home Center Lite is a very capable Z-Wave controller, but if you want any of the following features then you'll want to look at the Home Center 2 instead:
- Magic Scenes
- Lua Coding
- Virtual Devices (Lua)
- Voice Commands (via Lili - Alexa is supported on Home Center Lite)
The Home Center 2 has a more powerful CPU and more RAM, so we recommend it for people planning a Z-Wave 'whole house' control system. If you're just planning to automate key devices, or a small house, then Home Center Lite will be just fine.
Great Home security / Automation system
Posted by John P on 8th Feb 2017
This is very easy to set up with basic Fibaro units, however dig a little deeper and there is so much more you can do with this device. So far connected with Fibaro plugs, smoke sensor, roller blinds, a D-link wifi camera and a Z-Uno Zwave unit, although there are a few issues with this.
Fibaro is a great product