Z-Wave Outdoor Motion Sensor with lens cover
Z-Wave smarthomes have until now been lacking in options when it comes to outdoor motion detectors, but Philio have addressed this with their new PSP05-D Outdoor Motion Detector.
This neat Z-Wave Plus motion sensor has a magnetic mounting bracket to allow for easy installation. The module itself is IP43 rated, so it's suited for outdoor use and it comes with a lens cover to allow you to mask off detection areas which are not required making the sensor more accurate and less susceptible to false alarms.
The sensor is also available in a ceiling/recess mount fixing which is ideal for bathroom/wetroom use, or for use under canopies or porches.
Battery powered (by a CR123 cell) this unit has an expected battery life of around 2 years in normal use, and like all Z-Wave sensors it will report it's battery status back to your controller.
It's a compact sensor - approximately 2cm in diameter, and 3cm tall when mounted in the mounting plate - similar in size and profile to a Fibaro motion/multi sensor.
- Motion sensor
- Supplied with cover and magnetic mount
- Secure radio communication via AES-128 encryption
- 360° adjustable direction
- IP43 protection for outdoor use
- Integrates a 500 series Z-Wave chip
- Use for home automation or security applications
- Tamper-proof protection
- Low battery warning
- Small, discreet and attractive
- Easy to use and install
- Type of module: Z-Wave transmitter
- Power supply: 1 CR123A 3V battery
- Battery Life: approximately 2 years
- Frequency: 868.42 MHz
- Transmission range: 40m indoors
- Working temperature: -10°C to 40°C
- PIR detection range: 12m