SM10 Universal X10 Sender
- Connects to an existing alarm system and sends X10 codes on the power line when an alarm is tripped.
- Provided with three selectable programs.
- Triggered by a contact closure or a low voltage input.
The SM10 connects to an existing alarm system and turns on lights when the alarm is tripped. It has 3 modes of operation.
In mode 1 the SM10 will turn on all lamp modules and wall switch modules set to its house code and will also turn on any other modules set to its unit code, a stereo connected to an appliance module for example. All lamp modules and wall switch modules are left in the 'on' state when the alarm is de-activated but the module set to the same unit code as the SM10 will turn off.
In mode 2 the SM10 will flash all lights connected to lamp modules or wall switch modules. All lamp and wall switch modules will be left in the 'on' state when the alarm is de-activated but appliance modules set to the same house code as the SM10 will turn off.
In mode 3 the SM10 will turn on all lamp modules and wall switch modules set to the same house code as the interface. All lamp modules and wall switch modules will be left in the 'on' state when the alarm is de-activated. Mode 3 is the same as Mode 1 except that the interface does not send the code to turn on modules set to the same unit code setting as the interface.
Set the input switch to A for triggering the interface by a low voltage unit (6-18V AC,DC or audio), or to B for triggering the interface by a dry contact closure. Do not connect 220 V to the input terminal!
The SM10 has a test button which allows you to activate it whether or not it is connected to an alarm system. The All Lights Off button allows you to turn off anything which has been turned on by the interface.
To install the SM10:(it is expected to be installed inside the security system controller panel)
- Connect the alarm output of the security panel to the screw terminals
- Connect the flying lead to the 230V power supply, most likely at the 230V side of the transformer
Dimensions: Length 90, Width 55, Height 40 mm
Supply voltage: 230V ±10% 50Hz
Supply current: =< 20mA capacitive
EMC emission: According to EN50081-1
EMC immunity: According to EN50082-1
Electrical safety: According to EN60950 and EN60065
X10 Powerline: 120kHz ±2kHz/5Vpk-k
Ambient temperature: -10ºC to +40ºC (operation) -20ºC to +70ºC (storage)
This product is CE approved for use in the EU
- Flash all the lights in your home when your existing burglar alarm trips.
- Blast your stereo when your alarm trips
- Connect the SM10 directly to a magnetic switch to turn on lights when a door or window opens, i.e. you dont have to own a burglar alarm
- Trigger it from sensors such as a photo cell to turn on lights when it gets dark, from a motion detector to turn on lights when someone enters a room, from a microphone to turn on lights or appliances when a sound from an intruder is detected, from a moisture sensor to sound an alarm if your basement is flooded, from a garage door opener to turn on lights when you open your garage door etc.